Welcome to Life at the Holman's.


This blog is my way of sharing some of my thoughts and ideas. As the children age and become independent, I find myself with an empty space. Years of homeschooling and child-rearing focus has transitioned to more time to focus on the things I enjoy. One of my greatest pleasures is cooking. I enjoy making sweet treats for my family and friends and preparing meals that bring a smile to my husband's face. I like finding new ideas that help to make life easier. Enjoy!

Saturday, September 7, 2019

What's for Dinner? Quick Yeast Rolls

Yes, you can have yeast rolls on the table in less than an hour!  The following recipe came from friend of mine, Karla W.  This is a recipe that she used at a meal with them while living in Guam.  While the original recipe was for 30 minute Quick Yeast Rolls, I have used it for cinnamon rolls as well as pizza dough.

Quick Yeast Rolls
Ingredients:
1 package yeast
1 c. warm water, 110
2 ¼ c. flour
½ tsp. salt
3 Tbsp. sugar
2 Tbsp. melted butter


Directions:
Dissolve yeast packet in warm water.  Mix in remaining dry ingredients.  Add in butter. 
Knead for 7-8 minutes.  Shape into rolls and place in a 9X13 pans and let rise for 30 minutes.
Bake at 400 until golden brown.  Remove from oven and butter the tops.  Serve and enjoy!

Notes:
Be sure to note what kind of yeast you are using and change the directions accordingly.  If you are unsure how to proceed with your yeast, see my yeast directions here.

No comments: