Welcome to Life at the Holman's.


This blog is my way of sharing some of my thoughts and ideas. As the children age and become independent, I find myself with an empty space. Years of homeschooling and child-rearing focus has transitioned to more time to focus on the things I enjoy. One of my greatest pleasures is cooking. I enjoy making sweet treats for my family and friends and preparing meals that bring a smile to my husband's face. I like finding new ideas that help to make life easier. Enjoy!

Monday, September 27, 2010

Divisibility Rules Chart

Savannah is deep in the heart of division, fractions, and factoring in school.  We have been reviewing the divisibility rules for numbers.  (FYI: Divisibility rules are the little "helper rules" that are used to figure out easy ways to know if numbers can be divided by another number.) I found a great mathematics divisibility tool/sheet on a website.  It has a list of all the diivisibility rules for the numbers up to 11.  The site is here: Divisibility rule site.

I took the sites information and made a compilation of the rules on a pdf to print out for Savannah's use. It's a nice sheet to have around when you are looking to factor a number or when you are just trying to find a common denominator between 2 fractions.   We taped the rules sheet right in front of her so that she always has it available.

No comments: