Welcome to Life at the Holman's.


This blog is my way of sharing some of my thoughts and ideas. As the children age and become independent, I find myself with an empty space. Years of homeschooling and child-rearing focus has transitioned to more time to focus on the things I enjoy. One of my greatest pleasures is cooking. I enjoy making sweet treats for my family and friends and preparing meals that bring a smile to my husband's face. I like finding new ideas that help to make life easier. Enjoy!

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Great Site for Home School Ideas

I just wanted to share a great site for home schooling and lapbooking.  The site is "Dynamic 2 Moms" and is located at http://dynamic2moms.webs.com/.  I found this site about a year ago and have really enjoyed following it.  They have several examples of lapbooks and ideas that they have done with their children.  They also include information for the teacher about the background of the subject.  Their most recent post was the Renaissance.  It would be a nice addition or a nice add-on to the Michelangelo unit that I just did.  (I only wish I would have had it this summer!)

You can find a little bit of everything on the everything from beginning lapbook ideas to home school support to recipes.  So, check it out!

No comments: