The following recipe is a quick and easy dish that I discovered on allrecipes.com. It is called Famous Butter Chicken on their site. Everyone in my family loves when I make this recipe, and it can be fixed with very little time or effort on my part.
Famous Butter Chicken - Easy Buttery Crunch Chicken
- I always make more than the recipe calls for (usually 6-8 chicken breast halves for the 4 of us). It doesn't seem to go very far no matter how much I make. JJ absolutely loves this chicken and will eat it until it is gone if we let him.
- I use real butter for this recipe. I have not tried margarine, but I believe it will work as well. We just like the saltier real butter flavor.
- The garlic salt is not detected in this recipe. So, if you have an aversion to garlic, don't worry because the flavor is not strong in it.
- Pour the remaining cracker crumbs over the chicken before adding the butter pieces just to add the extra crunch and prevent wasting the leftover cracker crumbs.
- Lay the pieces/slices of butter directly on top of the chicken. I usually place 2 slices on each piece of chicken (or one if the pieces are small chicken tender size cuts). This seems to distribute the butter more evenly.