Welcome to Life at the Holman's.


This blog is my way of sharing some of my thoughts and ideas. As the children age and become independent, I find myself with an empty space. Years of homeschooling and child-rearing focus has transitioned to more time to focus on the things I enjoy. One of my greatest pleasures is cooking. I enjoy making sweet treats for my family and friends and preparing meals that bring a smile to my husband's face. I like finding new ideas that help to make life easier. Enjoy!

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Ugh! Internet Update

We are still having internet issues.  One of the company techs told us that the problem is not our radio after all.  It is the new tower radio that they put in. It was 7 weeks this last Tuesday, August 24.  We will lose our internet for sure in the evenings.  It goes out like clockwork between 8-10 pm and was coming back between 8-10 am the next morning.  We were able to use it for the daytime hours, but now it only comes back for minutes at a time.  The biggest problem is that when we do have it during the day, it is very slow and sporadic. 


For the last 2 days, we have not had any internet at all.  The provider has been here a couple of times, and he even had it up and going for a day or so, but then we lost it again.  This is still stemming from the lightning strike to the tower on July 7th.

I contacted the company today to see if there was anything that was going to be done or even could be done.  I was looking into changing companies, but I wanted to just check the status of our current provider.  They called this afternoon to let me know that they have other customers that have our same issue and are fairly certain it is the main radio tower.
 
Anyway, the company is replacing the radio tower tomorrow morning…again…, and we will hopefully have internet back within the next 24-48 hours.  I sure hope so!   The biggest frustration is that you never know if you are going to have internet when you sit down to work or not!  Luckily most of the school stuff that we have been doing this past couple of weeks has not needed internet. However, that is getting ready to change, and we need our reliable internet back.

No comments: