Welcome to Life at the Holman's.


This blog is my way of sharing some of my thoughts and ideas. As the children age and become independent, I find myself with an empty space. Years of homeschooling and child-rearing focus has transitioned to more time to focus on the things I enjoy. One of my greatest pleasures is cooking. I enjoy making sweet treats for my family and friends and preparing meals that bring a smile to my husband's face. I like finding new ideas that help to make life easier. Enjoy!

Friday, May 21, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy

Yesterday, we knew from the get-go that we had a busy day in town.  With living out in the country, we have learned that when you make a trip to town you try to get everything done at once so you don’t have to drive back in.  It is not that we are really that far out, but we drive a big diesel that really likes to eat! 

We started our trip with an 11:00 a.m. dentist appointment and had a multitude of other things we needed to do.  We went to the library, our favorite thrift shops, grabbed lunch at Sonic, and went to the park.  Then, we headed to Wal-Mart for a fast trip in for a few groceries before picking up daddy at work, buying me some shoes, and heading home to cook dinner.  Needless to say, I was exhausted by early evening ready for a good nights sleep.  

However, I must say that we had a really fun time at the park.  Savannah had a really hard time smiling because she had just had a filling put in one of her teeth.  She met a new little friend that she really enjoyed playing with.  


JJ has a new skateboard that he is really enjoying.  We have no pavement near our house so all he has at home is the carpet.  While it is much easier to stand up and try “tricks” on the carpet, it is not much for riding on.  So off to the skateboard park…

No comments: